On this date four years ago, the NFL Draft was aired in prime time for the first time. The draft was a Saturday-Sunday event from 1995 to 2009 and took place on Sunday and Monday from 1988 to 1994, and prior to 1988, it was held on one or two weekdays. The move, at the time, was met with a bit of skepticism, but there’s no doubt that the draft is a bigger event and an even larger moneymaker than before.
Do you have a great football blog post that you want featured on Pro Football Rumors? Send me a link at PigskinLinks@gmail.com to be in next Tuesday’s edition. Here’s this week’s look around the football blogosphere..
- Vikings Territory profiles standout quarterback Blake Bortles ahead of the draft.
- Leading The League discusses draft strategy for the 49ers and the rest of the NFC West.
- NFL Spin Zone says the Seahawks’ acquisition of Terrelle Pryor is justifiable.
- Bolt Blitz does a full seven round mock draft for the Chargers.
- Gang Green Nation wonders if the Jets should trade for Denarius Moore.
- Mile High Report discusses the Broncos’ offensive line and the run game.
If you have a blog post to suggest for Pigskin Links, you can email it to Zach at PigskinLinks@gmail.com.