The original content produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- David Kipke examined the wisdom of the NFL adding a developmental league.
- Luke Adams delved into contract incentives, explaining the differences between “likely to be earned” and “not likely to be earned” incentives, and the resulting cap charges.
- Luke asked whether the Bengals and Chiefs should offer extensions to Andy Dalton and Alex Smith, respectively, with a slight plurality believing that neither franchise should sign their signal-callers.
- Zach Links rounded up the best of the football blogs in the latest installment of Pigskin Links
- Luke looked at the Falcons’ options at linebacker in the wake of Sean Weatherspoon‘s season-ending injury.
- In our latest Extension Candidate post, Luke wrote up Cowboys offensive tackle Tyron Smith, and argued that Smith approaching the contract of Joe Thomas wouldn’t be out of the question.
- A summary of all the features found here at PFR.