After rounding up a few odds and ends from out of the AFC earlier today, let’s shift our focus to the league’s other conference, and check out the latest from around the NFC….
- Former Super Bowl hero David Tyree has been hired by the Giants as the team’s director of player development, according to a press release.
- Running back Bobby Rainey, guard Carl Nicks, and defensive end Da’Quan Bowers are among the veteran Buccaneers who may find themselves fighting for roster spots in training camp this summer, writes Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.
- Although he thinks Brent Celek, Trent Cole, and Riley Cooper are a few Eagles with good contracts, Jason Fitzgerald of Over the Cap picks Jason Kelce’s as the team’s best deal. On the other end of the spectrum, James Casey’s contract qualifies as the least team-friendly one on Philadelphia’s books, says Fitzgerald.
- Cardinals defensive back Tyrann Mathieu has parted ways with agent Pat Lawlor, tweets Rand Getlin of Yahoo! Sports. Having just been drafted a year ago, Mathieu is still several seasons from free agency.
- Patrick Finley of the Chicago Sun-Times takes an extended look at Bears capologist Cliff Stein, who takes the lead in contract negotiations and helped the team determine how to sign Jared Allen and dozens of other free agents this offseason.