The original content produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- Our Offseason in Review series chugged along, touching on three AFC divisions: the North, the West, and the South. I scrutinized the Ravens and the Titans, David Kipke examined the Chiefs, Rory Parks looked at the Broncos and the Jaguars, Rob DiRe evaluated the Raiders, and Zach Links analyzed the Colts.
- In our polls this week, David asked about Demaryius Thomas‘ contract situation (a majority believes he will re-sign with the Broncos sometime during the next year); Luke Adams wondered who will win the AFC West (the Broncos are the heavy favorites) and the AFC South (most think the Colts will repeat as division champs); and Zach asked if the Eagles will regret releasing DeSean Jackson (about 55% of respondents say “Yes”). Thanks for voting!
- Luke introduced a new tracker listing each 2014 NFL trade.
- Luke offered an update on the remaining four unsigned draft picks.
- As part of our Extension Candidate Series, Luke profiled Broncos tight end Julius Thomas.
- Luke ranked NFL head coaches and general managers by the length of their tenure with their current team.
- Summer is the time for minor cap work, and in that vein, Luke looked at the largest 2014 cap hits by team.