The original content produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- In our latest Extension Candidate entries, I profiled Dolphins tight end Charles Clay and Rory Parks examined the case for Ravens receiver Torrey Smith.
- Polls last week: Rob DiRe wondered who is the best quarterback available through trade (Kirk Cousins garnered almost 50% of the vote), Luke Adams asked whether Brian Hoyer or Johnny Manziel should start for the Browns (about 60% of you said Hoyer would and should start), and Zach Links wondered which rookie WR will have the best season (Jordan Matthews took the top spot). Thanks for voting!
- We’re just weeks away from the start of the regular season, but there are still intriguing options available via free agency. Luke looked at the best remaining players on the market on both offense and defense.
- Zach rounded up the best of the football blogs in the latest edition of Pigskin Links.
- Following the NFL’s announcement that practice squads will expand from eight to ten players, Luke took a deep dive into the developmental unit, explaining which players are eligible for the squad.
- I took a look at the largest cap hits by position on offense, and tried to determine which teams have made wise investments.