We’ve already rounded up several of the day’s more notable transactions in posts of their own, but we’ll use this space to keep tabs on the 53-man roster moves that may have slipped under the radar. Here’s the latest:
- The Panthers have cut quarterback Matt Blanchard from injured reserve, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- Free agent linebacker Rob Ruggiero has been suspended for four weeks by the league, per Wilson (Twitter link) — no word on what led to the ban.
- The Raiders have cut linebacker Jamar Chaney, according to Jerry McDonald of the Oakland Tribune. The club hasn’t yet filled Cheney’s roster spot, but McDonald surmises that receiver Rod Streater, currently on IR-DTR, could soon be added to the 53-man.
- Cornerback Blidi Wreh-Wilson, who dislocated his shoulder during Sunday’s loss to the Giants, has been placed on the injured reserve list by the Titans, says Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean (via Twitter). According to Wyatt (via Twitter), the team has filled the newly-opened spot on its roster by signing free agent offensive lineman Jamon Meredith, who was cut by the Bengals a week ago.
- The Lions officially removed running back Montell Owens from their roster today, releasing him from IR, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. Unless the two sides reached an injury settlement, the move suggests that Owens is now fully healthy.