Cardinals GM Steve Keim is determined not to let emotions dictate his free agent decisions, as Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com writes. “The problem is you can’t get too emotionally attached to players,” Keim said. “When the time comes to make another decision, you make a poor business decision and try to overpay for players that might not deserve it.” Here’s more from the NFC..
- DeMeco Ryans is coming off of Achilles surgery, but Ian Rapoport of NFL.com (via Twitter) expects him to stay on with the Eagles. However, Rapoport could see the two sides re-working Ryans’ $7MM salary before the start of the season.
- There’s a limit to how many picks the Eagles (or any team) can trade, but the rules change once the 2015 draft opens, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes. According the the league office, trades conducted before the draft begins can include draft picks in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Once the draft starts, trades can include picks from 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. If the Eagles want to make a deal for Marcus Mariota, they’ll have much more flexibility once the Bucs are officially on the clock at No. 1.
- Pending free agents safety Antrel Rolle took to Twitter to let everyone know that he hasn’t had discussions with any teams yet, including the Giants.
- D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution looked at players that the Falcons might be interested in adding in free agency, including Chiefs free safety Ron Parker, Titans defensive end Derrick Morgan, and outside linebacker Jason Worilds.
- Bob Sturm of The Dallas Morning News looked at what the Cowboys defense has to seek out this offseason.
- Cutting Pierre Thomas only makes sense if the Saints really plan to spend on a running back, Mike Triplett of ESPN.com writes.