The original content and analysis produced by the PFR staff during the past seven days:
- We continued our Offseason In Review series, as Zach Links looked at the Lions, Jaguars, and Texans; Connor Byrne examined the Colts; and I touched on the Bears.
- Connor went over the extension case for Rams quarterback Nick Foles, noting that while risk exists on both the side of player and team, a deal that’s structured like that of Andy Dalton‘s would make sense.
- With the ink dry on the Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas extensions, Luke Adams examined what a long-term deal for Julio Jones might look like, writing that Jones could become the league’s second-highest paid receiver.
- I looked at several candidates for release in both the NFC South and AFC West, where players like Jerricho Cotchery, Roman Harper, and Donald Brown could be on the chopping block.
- We posted several topics in our Community Tailgate series, encouraging readers to contribute their thoughts in the comment section. The issues covered by Luke and Zach: