The headlines from the past week at PFR:
- Raiders edge rusher Aldon Smith was suspended for one year due to his DUI arrest earlier this year.
- The Saints fired defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, promoting Dennis Allen to take his place.
- The Lions took the first step in restructuring their front office, hiring CEO of Ford Estates Rod Wood as president.
- The NFL is expected to allow compensatory draft picks to be traded.
- Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning has a torn plantar fascia, meaning Brock Osweiler will start for the foreseeable future.
- The Rams have benched Nick Foles, turning instead to backup Case Keenum.
- With an eye towards the future, the Browns will start Johnny Manziel for the remainder of the season.
- 49ers – Colin Kaepernick, QB (IR)
- Giants – Victor Cruz, WR (IR)
- Jaguars – Sen’Derrick Marks, DT (IR)
- Jets – Zac Stacy, RB (IR)
- Patriots – Julian Edelman, WR (6-8 weeks)
- Ravens – Justin Forsett, RB (fractured arm), Breshad Perriman, WR (link), and Jeremy Zuttah, C (IR)
- Titans – Justin Hunter, WR (IR) and Jason McCourty, CB (IR)