Some assorted notes from around the NFL (and several from the NCAA)…
- Besides the previously-reported trio of players, the Packers also worked out three receivers yesterday, according to Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle (via Twitter): Jamel Johnson, Deon Long and Kevin Vereen.
- Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer said through a school spokesman that he doesn’t have interest in any job besides his current position (via Tim May of the Columbus Dispatch on Twitter). The NFL Network’s Albert Breer believes this to be sincere, tweeting that he’s heard Meyer isn’t “considering the NFL right now.”
- A lot has been made of Jared Goff out of Cal declaring for the 2016 NFL Draft as the potential top quarterback available, but one of his favorite targets Kenny Lawler could also declare, according to Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net (via Twitter).
- Pauline also notes that Toledo running back Kareem Hunt has been meeting with agents, signifying a likeliness to declare for the NFL Draft (via Twitter).
- South Carolina’s standout receiver Pharoah Cooper will unsurprisingly enter the NFL Draft, as Neil Stratton of Inside The League writes that multiple sources have indicated his intentions (via Twitter). Cooper will be represented by CAA.
Rob DiRe contributed to this post.