With the NFL offseason now underway for every AFC East team except the Patriots, let’s check in on those three non-playoff teams from out of the division…
- Bills guard Richie Incognito, who signed a one-year deal with the team last February, called himself “a Buffalo guy,” and says he hopes to remain with the Bills in 2016 and beyond. However, as Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News details, Incognito confirmed there have been no negotiations yet between the team and agent David Dunn.
- Potential free agent running back Lamar Miller told reporters today that he would like to remain with the Dolphins next season, but scheme and fit will be important for him. According to James Walker of ESPN.com (Twitter links), it sounds like Miller wants to end up somewhere where he’ll get more consistent carries than he did in 2015.
- Insiders tell Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net (Twitter link) that the Jets are expected to target a quarterback in the first two rounds of this year’s draft. New York traded up in the fourth round to snag Bryce Petty in 2015, so it’ll be interesting to see if the team decides to add another young QB this year.
- Veteran guard Willie Colon said he wants to keep playing in 2016, but admits that’s his mind talking, and his body might have other ideas, tweets Rich Cimini of ESPNNewYork.com. Colon’s contract with the Jets is expiring, so he’ll have to sign a new one with New York or another club to continue his career.
- Kimberley A. Martin of Newsday takes a look at the future of the Jets‘ defensive line, with Muhammad Wilkerson and Damon Harrison both eligible for free agency this winter.