Although we’ll typically round up every major transaction and bit of news in our Week in Review, the free agent frenzy — even during the second phase — renders that approach completely untenable. We’ll highlight the key moves here, but remember that you can visit PFR’s Top 50 Free Agents post to see that status of the league’s top FAs; click on the Newsstand tag to filter the site down to the largest news stories; or use the Transactions tag to focus on roster movement.
- The Cardinals made a big move for 2016, acquiring edge rusher Chandler Jones from the Patriots in exchange for guard Jonathan Cooper and the No. 61 pick.
- The Patriots weren’t done trading, as they acquired tight end Martellus Bennett and the No. 204 pick from the Bears in exchange for the No. 127 pick.
- C.J. Anderson will remain in Denver, as the Broncos matched the Dolphins’ four-year, $18MM offer sheet to the restricted free agent running back.
- Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant was suspended for the entire 2016 season as a result of multiple substance abuse violations.
- Ravens cornerback Tray Walker tragically died as a result of injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident.
- Broncos – Russell Okung, T (link)
- Cardinals – Chris Johnson, RB (link) and Evan Mathis, G (link)
- Chargers – Casey Hayward, CB (link)
- Jaguars – Prince Amukamara, CB (link) and Kelvin Beachum, T (link)
- Patriots – Chris Long, DE (link) and Shea McClellin, LB (link)
- Ravens – Mike Wallace, WR (link) and Eric Weddle, S (link)
- Raiders – Donald Penn, T (link)
- Saints – James Laurinaitis, LB (link)
- Vikings – Andre Smith, T (link)
- Browns – Dwayne Bowe, WR (link) and Karlos Dansby, LB (link)
- Ravens – Will Hill, CB (suspended 10 games)