The Patriots have officially confirmed six previously reported contract agreements with their 2016 draftees, and announced that they’ve locked up two more members of their draft class. Having now signed third-round defensive tackle Vincent Valentine and sixth-round linebacker Elandon Roberts, New England has now secured all of its draft picks except for third-round quarterback Jacoby Brissett.
The Patriots have also cut running back Joey Iosefa from their roster, so he’ll become a free agent if and when he passes through waivers. Iosefa spent time on the Pats’ practice squad last season and was promoted when the backfield was hit hard by injuries. He had 15 carries on the year, with 14 of them (for 51 yards) coming in Week 15 against the Titans.
Finally, the Patriots filled out their 90-man roster by adding eight undrafted free agents to the mix. The club signed the following UDFAs:
- DB V’Angelo Bentley (Illinois) ($17.5K guarantee, per Aaron Wilson)
- RB D.J. Foster (Arizona State)
- DL Woodrow Hamilton (Mississippi)
- LB C.J. Johnson (Mississippi)
- DB Jonathan Jones (Auburn)
- CB Cre’Von LeBlanc (Florida Atlantic) ($17.5K guarantee, per Wilson)
- TE Steven Scheu (Vanderbilt)
- TE Bryce Williams (East Carolina)