The Colts announced the signing of the following ten undrafted free agents:
- Michael Badgley, K (Miami)
- Chris Cooper, S (Stony Brook)
- Lashard Durr, CB (Mississippi State)
- Steve Ishmael, WR (Syracuse)
- Robert Jackson, CB (UNLV)
- Tomasi Laulile, DT (BYU)
- Skai Moore, LB (South Carolina)
- George Odum, S (Central Arkansas)
- William Ossai, LB (San Jose State)
- Henre’ Toliver, CB (Arkansas)
Moore, who seemed likely to be taken during Day 3 of the draft, is the biggest name in this group. Moore led his team in tackles in all four of his seasons (interrupted by a medical redshirt year to rehab from a herniated disk in 2016), but evaluators worried about his lack of size and speed. The slim 6’2″ linebacker will now try to catch on as a reserve behind starters John Simon, Antonio Morrison, and Najee Goode.
The Colts seem well set at kicker with Adam Vinatieri under contract for another season, but Badgley will try to give him a run for his money. At The U, Badgley connected on 79.4% of his field goal tries, including a career-long 57-yarder in 2015.
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.