The Packers have officially signed their entire draft class. The team announced today that they’ve signed third-round linebacker Oren Burks. This was Green Bay’s second rookie signing of the day, as they inked second-rounder Josh Jackson this morning.
The 6-foot-3, 233-pound linebacker had a standout career at Vanderbilt, including a 2017 campaign where he established career-highs in tackles (80) and tackles for loss (seven). Burks was drafted with the 88th pick by the Packers, providing defensive coordinator Mike Pettine with a versatile weapon.
The 23-year-old primarily played inside and outside linebacker during his time in college, and he also had stints at safety (he had three interceptions during his sophomore campaign). The rookie’s best path to playing time is probably inside linebacker, where he’ll have to compete with Ahmad Thomas for playing time behind Blake Martinez and Jake Ryan.
With this signing, the Packers have officially signed all 11 of their draft picks. This list includes:
- 1-18: Jaire Alexander, CB (Louisville)
- 2-45: Josh Jackson, CB (Iowa)
- 3-88: Oren Burks, LB (Vanderbilt)
- 4-133: J’Mon Moore, WR (Missouri)
- 5-138: Cole Madison, OG (Washington State)
- 5-172: JK Scott, P (Alabama)
- 5-174: Marquez Valdes-Scantling, WR (South Florida)
- 6-207: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR (Notre Dame)
- 7-232: James Looney, DE (California)
- 7-239: Hunter Bradley, LS (Mississippi State)
- 7-248: Kendall Donnerson, OLB (Southeast Missouri State)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.