The Bengals have officially signed their entire draft class. After inking linebacker Malik Jefferson to a deal earlier today, the Bengals announced that they’ve signed fellow third-rounder Sam Hubbard.
Following three standout seasons at Ohio State, the defensive end was taken with the 77th pick during April’s draft. After redshirting as a freshman, Hubbard immediately had an impact during the 2015 campaign, compiling 6.5 sacks. He had another solid season in 2016 before establishing himself as one of the top pass-rushers in the Big Ten during the 2017 season. Hubbard ultimately finished the year with 42 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, and seven sacks.
With Carlos Dunlap and Michael Johnson penciled in as Cincy’s starting defensive ends, it’s unlikely that Hubbard will have a chance to contribute right away. However, he’ll still have the opportunity to compete with the 2017 third-rounder Jordan Willis for backup reps.
With the signing, the Bengals have inked each of their draft picks to contracts. Besides Hubbard and Jefferson, their 2017 class includes
- 1-21: Billy Price, C (Ohio State)
- 2-54: Jessie Bates, FS (Wake Forest)
- 4-112: Mark Walton, RB (Miami)
- 5-151: Davontae Harris, CB (Illinois St.)
- 5-158: Andrew Brown, DE (Virginia)
- 5-170: Darius Phillips, CB (Western Michigan)
- 7-249: Logan Woodside, QB (Toledo)
- 7-252: Rod Taylor, OG (Mississippi)
- 7-253: Auden Tate, WR (Florida State)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.