The Cardinals clearly targeted wide receivers and defensive lineman after the draft, with Arizona adding seven players at those positions among their 12 undrafted free agent signings:
- Darrell Baker Jr., CB (Georgia Southern)
- Changa Hodge, WR (Virginia Tech)
- Manny Jones, DL (Colorado State)
- Kekaula Kaniho, S (Boise State)
- Jontre Kirklin, WR (LSU)
- Will Miles, DL (Central Michigan)
- JaVonta Payton, WR (Tennessee)
- Chris Pierce Jr., TE (Vanderbilt)
- Ronnie Rivers, RB (Fresno State)
- Stephan Robinson Jr., WR (Northwestern)
- LaRon Stokes, DL (Oklahoma)
- Chandler Wooten, ILB (Auburn)
The addition of four receivers could partly be attributed to today’s news regarding star wideout DeAndre Hopkins. Among the grouping, Robinson put up the biggest numbers in 2021, finishing with 625 receiving yards. Payton was also plenty productive, finishing with 18 receptions for 413 yards and six scores.
As Darren Urban of the team’s website points out, it’s notable that the organization didn’t bring in a QB among their UDFAs. The Cardinals are currently rostering only three players at the position in Kyler Murray, Colt McCoy, and Trace McSorley.