Here are today’s minor transactions, our post for rounding up cuts of little-used players, under-the-radar signings, and contract restructures. Any additional moves will be included at the top of the list throughout the afternoon and evening….
- Wide receiver Sederrik Cunningham has been waived by the Packers, says Wes Hodkiewicz of the Green Bay Press-Gazette (via Twitter). As Hodkiewicz notes, Cunningham missed last season after injuring his wrist on the first day of training camp.
- The Panthers have cut wide receiver R.J. Webb, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). Webb spent last season on injured reserve after being signed by Carolina as an undrafted free agent.
- Defensive end Kourtnei Brown has been claimed off waivers by the Lions, tweets Wilson. Brown, who has yet to appear in a regular-season NFL game, had been cut by the Bills yesterday.
- CFL standout Alex Hall has signed with the Panthers, according to the team’s Twitter account. Hall, a former Giant and Brown who played his college ball at St. Augustine’s in Raleigh, racked up 16 sacks last season for the CFL’s Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers. The pass rusher visited the Titans earlier this week.
- The 49ers have waived wide receiver Brandon Carswell, the club announced today in a press release. Carswell signed with the Niners last June, but suffered a torn ACL during his first practice with the team, and subsequently spent the season on injured reserve.