All 10 WFT rookies are now under contract. The team announced that they’ve signed each of their draft picks to rookie contracts.
This grouping is obviously highlighted by first-round linebacker Jamin Davis. The Kentucky product used a strong 2020 campaign to jump from a potential Day 3 pick to the No. 19 selection in the 2021 draft. Davis ultimately finished this past season with a team-leading 102 tackles, 1.5 sacks, four tackles for loss, and three interceptions. This standout performance earned him First-Team All-SEC honors from Pro Football Focus. Considering the rookie’s versatility and pass-rushing prowess, it won’t be long before he’s secured a consistent role on Washington’s defense.
Texas offensive tackle Samuel Cosmi was selected by Washington with the No. 51 pick. The former Texas standout played both right tackle and left tackle in college, so WFT offensive line coach John Matsko will have plenty of opportunities to play the rookie.
The rest of the team’s draft class includes:
- Round 3: No. 74 (from 49ers) Benjamin St-Juste, CB (Minnesota)
- Round 3: No. 82 Dyami Brown, WR (North Carolina)
- Round 4: No. 124 John Bates, TE (Boise State)
- Round 5: No. 163 Darrick Forrest, S (Cincinnati)
- Round 6: No. 225 (from Eagles) Cameron Cheeseman, LS (Michigan)
- Round 7: No. 240 (from 49ers via Eagles) Will Bradley-King, DE (Baylor)
- Round 7: No. 246 Shaka Toney, DE (Penn State)
- Round 7: No. 258 (from Chiefs through Dolphins) Dax Milne, WR (BYU)