Having already added LaMarr Woodley and Justin Tuck to their defense, the Raiders continue to eye veteran free agents, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com, who tweets that Antonio Smith is visiting the club today before meeting with the Rams tomorrow. Here’s more from around the NFL:
- The Bills currently have no plans to add a veteran quarterback to their roster, GM Doug Whaley told WGR550 today (link via ESPN.com’s Mike Rodak).
- The Jets have had multiple discussions with Brandon LaFell‘s camp, but no visit has been scheduled for the free agent receiver, tweets Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.
- Vikings defensive back Jamarca Sanford agreed to restructure his contract last week, reducing his base salary by $750K in exchange for a $400K guarantee and playing-time incentives, according to Jason Fitzgerald of OverTheCap.
- Following the Broncos‘ defensive shopping spree, the team is still in the market for an interior offensive lineman, a wide receiver, and a middle linebacker, writes Mike Klis of the Denver Post.
- The Ravens spoke to linebacker Wesley Woodyard before he reached a deal with the Titans, but Baltimore never got heavily involved, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun.
- Examining a few of this week’s signings, Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com explains how contract numbers are often artificially inflated when they’re first reported.