Here are the latest minor transactions from around the NFL, including several signings and cuts of players who haven’t seen much recent NFL regular-season action:
- The Browns have waived defensive back Julian Posey, the team announced today (via Twitter). Posey saw just 89 defensive snaps for Cleveland last season, with most of them coming in a Week 17 game against the Steelers, which he started.
- The Ravens have signed undrafted free agent linebacker D.J. Roberts, who attended their rookie minicamp on a tryout basis, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. According to Wilson, the club cut quarterback Nick Stephens to clear a spot for Roberts, leaving three signal-callers on the roster — Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor, and Keith Wenning.
- Defensive tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo has been released by the Bengals with a non-football illness designation, the team announced today (Twitter link). The 28-year-old has also spent time with the Chargers, Panthers, and Lions.
- The Buccaneers have signed cornerback Quinton Pointer and cut another corner, Marc Anthony, the club announced today in a press release. Pointer last played for the Rams but didn’t receive a qualifying offer from the team in March, making him an unrestricted free agent. Anthony, meanwhile, spent last season on Tampa Bay’s practice squad.
- The Lions have cut defensive end Kourtnei Brown, according to Wilson (via Twitter). Brown was cut once by the Bills earlier in the offseason, at which point Detroit claimed him off waivers. If he clears waivers this time, he’ll become an unrestricted free agent.
- Veteran defensive tackle Kentwan Balmer, who hasn’t appeared in a regular season game since 2011, was released and removed from the reserve/left team list by the Redskins, tweets Adam Caplan of ESPN.com.