It’s Saturday, and that means ESPN.com’s NFL writers open up their mailbags and answer questions from readers. Here are some interesting notes out of the AFC…
- Considering the age of Jason Babin and Chris Clemons, Michael DiRocco doesn’t see much sense in the Jaguars cutting Andre Branch.
- When asked if the Colts would add a center or safety before training camp, Mike Wells answers that the team is set at those positions. The writer believes Khaled Holmes will start at center and Delano Howell “is on track” to be the starting safety.
- Derek Moye, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Justin Brown will likely be competing for the Steelers‘ fifth receiver spot, writes Scott Brown.
- Looking at potential free agents additions for the Steelers, Brown says he would “be surprised” if the team doesn’t consider signing linebacker James Harrison. He adds that the team will “keep an eye” on Jermichael Finley but won’t have much interest in Ed Reed.
- Ravens writer Jamison Hensley expects the team to stick with their young core of cornerbacks. If the team sees a need at the position, Hensley says they won’t address it until final cuts.