Tonight’s minor moves..
- The Buccaneers signed former Panthers receiver David Gettis, according to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times. The 26-year-old turned heads as a tryout player at the team’s minicamp last week. As a rookie with Carolina in 2010, Gettis hauled in 37 passes and 508 yards with three touchdowns.
- The Ravens have released former seventh-round wide receiver Aaron Mellette and outside linebacker Adrian Hamilton, according to Ryan Mink of BaltimoreRavens.com. Both young players spent last year on injured reserve and were attempting comebacks this season but were waived after failing physicals. Mink says the Ravens could re-sign one or both of the players. If Mellette hadn’t failed a physical and was just a routine cut, he could have been a popular waiver claim, tweets Adam Caplan of ESPN.com.
- The Patriots announced on their website today that they have signed rookie free agent defensive lineman Seali’i Epenesa. Epenesa, 22, played in 41 games and finished with 46 total tackles and one sack during his four year college career. The 6’1″, 310-pounder played in 12 games with seven starts as a senior in 2013 and was credited with 16 tackles and one sack.
- The Buccaneers cut tackle Emmett Cleary and linebacker Steven Jenkins, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter). Cleary, an undrafted free agent out of Boston College, and was signed in October 2013 but did not appear in any games. Jenkins was signed as an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M this year.
- The Bears cut safety Sean Cattouse, Wilson tweets. Cattouse spent most of 2013 on Chicago’s practice squad.