Pro Football Rumors passes along the latest news and rumors on NFL player movement 365 days a year, but those aren’t the only updates you’ll see on the site. On our right sidebar, you’ll find a number of additional features and featured posts. Here’s a rundown of a few of them:
- Most of the most noteworthy players on the 2014 free agent market came off the board back in March, but there are still plenty of recognizable veteran names available. You can find the full breakdown of veteran free agents by position using our list.
- Before Maurkice Pouncey signed a new five-year contract with the Steelers yesterday, I had examined his case for a new deal in our Extension Candidate series, which takes a look at players in the last year or two of their contracts who could reach new agreements with their teams soon.
- In addition to our Extension Candidate pieces, we’ve also got our Trade Candidate series underway, with posts published so far on Michael Roos of the Titans and Brandon Flowers of the Chiefs. — of course, following his release today, the Flowers piece is now somewhat obsolete.
- Only 17 picks from the 2014 draft have yet to sign their rookie contracts. You can use our draft pick signing tracker to keep tabs on which ones have yet to be locked up. And if you want to revisit the draft results by round, we have that list for you as well.
- The Pro Football Rumors glossary highlights a number of aspects of the NFL’s salary cap, free agency, and Collective Bargaining Agreement. Feel free to let us know if there’s a specific concept that you’d like us to discuss in a future Glossary piece.
- We value your input at PFR, which is why we regularly publish polls and have a regular feature called Pigskin Links, in which we highlight a few interesting recent articles from football blogs. You can find our poll archives here and our Pigskin Links pieces right here.
- The Pro Football Rumors app for the iPhone and iPad is available for free on iTunes.
- While a handful of our notable articles can be found under the “Featured Posts” section on the right sidebar, the PFR Originals archive rounds up all the original posts from our staff. Recently, we examined the Falcons‘ options at linebacker in the wake of Sean Weatherspoon‘s season-ending Achilles injury, explored whether it’s time for a new NFL developmental league, and identified several free agents who would be impacted by the June 1 date.