As this weekend’s slate of games nears, teams around the NFL continue to add and subtract players from their respective practice squads. Here are Thursday’s practice squad transactions:
- Using one of the openings on their practice squad, the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Kerry Taylor, who was just waived by the Jaguars this week, tweets Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. Taylor himself tweeted earlier today that he was joining the Cowboys. Meanwhile, Wilson adds (via Twitter) that Dallas has reached an injury settlement with wideout LaRon Byrd, who had also been on the team’s practice squad.
- After waiving him from their active roster, the Redskins have brought safety Akeem Davis back into the fold on their practice squad, according to the team (via Twitter). Washington now has a full 10-man taxi squad.
- The Falcons have filled the final opening on their practice squad by signing wide receiver Ryan Spadola, the team announced today in a press release.
- According to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter), the Chiefs have signed former Ravens cornerback Deji Olatoye to their practice squad. Kansas City already had a full 10-man unit, so we’ll have to wait for the corresponding cut before the addition of Olatoye becomes official.
- We heard yesterday that tight end Phillip Supernaw had rejoined the Ravens‘ practice squad, and now the team has announced the corresponding move, confirming that cornerback Lou Young has been cut (Twitter link).