When he was the head coach at the University of Oregon, Eagles coach Chip Kelly had to be convinced that Marcus Mariota was the right quarterback for him rather than Johnny Manziel, writes Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Some feel that Mariota would be an ideal QB for Kelly today, but moving up from No. 20 to No. 1 would require a lot in the way of assets. The latest from the AFC and NFC East..
- New Washington GM Scot McCloughan says that he won’t draft for need but Rich Tandler of CSNWashington.com wonders if he’ll give some attention to the team’s biggest needs.
- Pepper Johnson is interviewing for the Giants‘ defensive coordinator job today, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network (on Twitter).
- The Eagles interviewed Texans director of pro personnel Brian Gaine for their GM job on Sunday, a source tells Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer (on Twitter).
- Should the Eagles do whatever it takes to get Mariota? The analysts at CSNPhilly.com (video link) debated the pros and cons of such a move.
- Several Bills players, including center Eric Wood and running back Fred Jackson, took to social media to express their excitement over the hiring of Rex Ryan, Jay Skurski of The Buffalo News writes.