The headlines from the past week at PFR:
- The Broncos hired ex-Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak as head coach.
- The Falcons plan to hire Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn as their head coach following the Super Bowl.
- The NFL investigated the inflation levels of the Patriots’ game balls, and determined that 11 balls used in the first half were deflated.
- Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is leaning towards returning for the 2015 season.
- The Broncos will likely place the franchise tag on pending free agent receiver Demaryius Thomas.
- 84 underclassmen declared for the 2015 draft.
- We learned the Colts had suspended running back Trent Richardson for two games, a move that could affect the guarantees in Richardson’s contract. He’ll serve the second game of the suspension in 2015, granted he’s still on the Indianapolis roster.
- 49ers – DC Eric Mangini and TE coach Tony Sparano (link)
- Bears – DC Vic Fangio (link) and OC Adam Gase (link), fired DC Mel Tucker (link)
- Broncos – OC Rick Dennison (link)
- Browns – OC John DeFilippo (link)
- Falcons – OC Kyle Shanahan (link)
- Jaguars – AHC/OL Doug Marrone (link) and OC Greg Olson (link)
- Jets – OC Chan Gailey (link)
- Ravens – OC Marc Trestman (link)
- Raiders – OC Bill Musgrave (link)
- Saints – defensive assistant Dennis Allen (link)
- Washington – DC Joe Barry (link)
- Saints – S Delvin Breaux (reached agreement, can sign February 10)
- Steelers – DE Shawn Lemon (reached agreement, can sign February 10) and P Brad Wing (exclusive rights free agent)