Allowing that it could just be a rumor, the Boston Herald’s Jeff Howe says (Twitter links) says he’s heard that the Patriots dropped out of the running for Darrelle Revis last night, forcing the Jets to bid against themselves. If so, it doesn’t seem to have lowered the CB’s price, as Revis secured a three-year, $48MM deal from New York.
More from the AFC…
- Even after landing Ndamukong Suh, the Dolphins aren’t done, and their two main free agent targets at this point are tight end Jordan Cameron and cornerback Brice McCain, writes Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, who adds that McCain is currently in town. Cameron would presumably take the place of Charles Clay if the latter signs with the Bills.
- Having recently been released by the Saints, linebacker Curtis Lofton will visit the Raiders, a source tells Adam Caplan of ESPN (Twitter link).
- While they are in on Lofton, the Raiders don’t have any interest in free agent safety Ron Parker, per Bill Williamson of ESPN.com (Twitter link).
- The Browns have are pursuing cornerback Perrish Cox, whom we earlier heard has a visit set up Washington, tweets Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. In fact, Cox will visit Cleveland on Thursday, says Rand Getlin of Yahoo! Sports (Twitter link).
- The Patriots will host linebacker Colin McCarthy for a visit, says Field Yates of ESPN (via Twitter). A former Titan, McCartthy the entirety of the 2014 season on injured reserve.