There were some conflicting – or at least confusing – reports on Friday night about the value of Marshawn Lynch‘s new contract with the Seahawks, and Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun provides some clarity today, via Twitter. According to Wilson, Lynch’s new three-year pact is worth $31MM, which features $15MM in guaranteed money, including a $7.5MM signing bonus.
Wilson has plenty more numbers on new contract agreements, so let’s round up those updates, with all links going to his Twitter unless otherwise indicated:
- The exact figures on LeSean McCoy‘s new contract extension with the Bills? Five years, a base value of $40.5MM, a $13.125MM signing bonus, and $26.555MM in total guaranteed money.
- As previously reported, the Saints‘ agreement with Mark Ingram is indeed for four years and $16MM. $7.6MM of that total is guaranteed, including a $3.6MM signing bonus.
- Initially reported as being worth up to nearly $10MM, Niles Paul‘s three-year deal with Washington only has a base value of $6MM, tweets Tom Pelissero of USA Today. $2.25MM of that total is guaranteed, and another $3.6MM is available in playing-time and reception-related incentives.
- Mike Nugent‘s two-year deal with the Bengals is worth $3.5MM, with $600K in guaranteed money. That’s not a bad rate for a kicker, though Nugent probably isn’t among the league’s best.
- The exact value on the three-year contract Josh Mauga signed with the Chiefs is $8.25MM, with $2.25MM in guaranteed money.