Some assorted draft notes from around the league…
- The Seahawks made a big push to move up to the No. 100 spot in the fourth round, according to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport (via Twitter).
- A “potential bone-on-bone issue” may be a contributing factor to running back Jay Ajayi falling in the draft, tweets ESPN’s Adam Caplan. The writer notes that the main concern is regarding the player’s longterm picture, not his immediate impact. He was projected to be a second-round pick by NFL.com.
- Meanwhile, a knee issue had led to FSU offensive lineman Tre Jackson falling in the draft, according to ESPN.com’s Nick Wagoner (via Twitter).
- Joe Buscaglia of WKBW says if the Bills ultimately select a quarterback today, the rookie will end up on the practice squad (Twitter link).
- Giants first round pick Ereck Flowers will negotiate his own rookie contract, according to Jordan Raanan of NJ.com (via Twitter).