The headlines from the past week at PFR:
- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was suspended four games for his role in the DeflateGate controversy. New England will forfeit a 2016 first-round pick, a 2017 fourth-round pick, and be fined $1MM.
- The NFLPA filed an appeal on behalf of Brady, but the appeal will be heard by commissioner Roger Goodell himself.
- The Patriots’ legal counsel issued their own report, refuting the claims made by investigator Ted Wells in his original analysis.
- An extension between quarterback Russell Wilson and the Seahawks is unlikely to be finalized before the season begins.
- Seahawks linebacker Bruce Irvin, a free agent at season’s end, could be eyeing a move to Atlanta, his hometown.
- Free agent running back Steven Jackson wants to join a contender.
- Veteran defensive tackle Kevin Williams is pushing for a return to the Seahawks.
- As teams continue to get their draft picks under contract, you can follow all the latest signings here.
- Bills – FB John Conner (link)
- Bengals – QB Terrelle Pryor (link)
- Cardinals – LB Darryl Sharpton (link)
- Falcons – OL Tyler Polumbus (link)
- Lions – WR Lance Moore (link), CB Chris Owens (link), WR Greg Salas (link), and DL Corey Wootton (link)
- Patriots – TE Fred Davis (link)
- Ravens – CB Kyle Arrington (link)