It’s Saturday morning, and that means ESPN.com’s NFL writers are opening their mailbags and answering questions from readers. Let’s take a look at some of the notable whispers, including a cameo from Jim Wyatt of TitansOnline.com…
- The Jets defensive line is the only group that’s set up well for the future, and Rich Cimini says the team doesn’t have enough “rising, young talent” on their roster. However, despite nine starters being older than 30 years old, the writer doesn’t believe the team needs a complete rebuild to become a contender.
- The Titans activated rookie running back David Cobb yesterday, but Wyatt can’t envision the team parting ways with Bishop Sankey.
- With Delanie Walker and Anthony Fasano set to become free agents following next season, Wyatt wonders if the Titans could pursue a tight end either through free agency or the draft this offseason.
- Todd Archer believes the Cowboys should let the market develop before they hand out a multi-year contract to Greg Hardy. The writer is skeptical that the organization would actually hand out a big money contract to the embattled defensive end.
- In no particular order, Archer says defensive line, cornerback, wide receiver, running back, quarterback, and offensive line are the Cowboys‘ biggest needs heading into next year’s draft.