The headlines from the past week at PFR:
- The Broncos made waves in advance of the trade deadline, acquiring tight end Vernon Davis from the 49ers, while attempting (and failing) to acquire left tackle Joe Thomas from the Browns.
- After posting a 3-20 record during his time with Tennessee, Ken Whisenhunt was fired as head coach of the Titans. Mike Mularkey was promoted to interim head coach.
- The Lions continued to clean house, firing both general manager Martin Mayhew and president Tom Lewand. Sheldon White was named interim GM.
- The 3-5 Colts made a change to their offensive staff, firing offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton and promoting Rob Chudzinski to take his place.
Claimed Off Waivers:
- 49ers – Reggie Bush, RB (IR) and Mike Davis, RB (IR-DTR)
- Bills – Percy Harvin, WR (IR)
- Chargers – Keenan Allen, WR (IR)
- Giants – Jon Beason, LB (IR) and Owa Odighizuwa, DE (IR-DTR)
- Lions – DeAndre Levy, LB (IR)
- Patriots – Ryan Wendell, OL (IR)
- Ravens – Steve Smith, WR (IR)
- Steelers – Le’Veon Bell, RB (IR)