The original content and analysis produced by the PFR staff during the past seven days:
- Now that Week 9 is upon us, players who were placed on the injured reserve list with a designation to return are now eligible to be activated for the remainder of the season. Luke Adams provides a rundown of said players, a list that includes Dee Milliner, Bryan Stork, and David Cobb.
- The 2015 trade deadline came and went last Tuesday, leading Luke to break down the entire slate of 2015 trades (all 68 of them!).
- This year’s trade deadline was relatively uneventful, and some have argued that activity would increase were the deadline to be moved back a few weeks. Luke tackled that topic during last week’s Community Tailgate, a forum for readers to add their thoughts on a selected issue.
- Luke also went over the cap outlook for the 2016 Patriots, noting that New England has a large group of players — Chandler Jones, Dont’a Hightower, and Brandon LaFell among them — who could be candidates for an extension.
- Zach Links rounded up the best of the football blogs in the latest edition of Pigskin Links.