The latest on the Titans as they seek a new GM to replace Ruston Webster and examine their head coaching job, which may or may not be filled by interim coach Mike Mularkey:
- Titans CEO Steve Underwood says that over a dozen candidates – names people “would know” – have asked about interviewing for the team’s GM job, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com tweets. He added that the club has multiple in-house candidates for both the team’s coaching gig and the GM vacancy (link).
- Underwood says the Titans will not consider a head coach/GM in one role, a la Chip Kelly (Twitter link via Terry McCormick of TitanInsider.com).
- Underwood said he has 14 GM finalists but he may not interview all of them, McCormick tweets.
- The CEO said there were 155 coaching candidates after Ken Whisenhunt was fired and he’s trimming that list down now (link).
- The CEO said that Amy Adams Strunk and Kenneth Adams will join him in the interview process, along with Vin Marino, Jim Wyatt of The Tenneseean tweets.
- The team has never been for sale and is not for sale now, Underwood claims (link).