The Browns’ draft class is in the books. On Friday, the Browns inked third-round linebacker Sione Takitaki, which means that all of the following players are officially in the fold:
- 2-46: Greedy Williams, CB (LSU): Signed
- 3-80: Sione Takitaki, LB (BYU): Signed
- 4-119: Sheldrick Redwine, S (Miami): Signed
- 5-155: Mack Wilson, LB (Alabama): Signed
- 5-170: Austin Seibert, K (Oklahoma): Signed
- 6-189: Drew Forbes, T (Southeast Missouri State): Signed
- 7-221: Donnie Lewis Jr., CB (Tulane): Signed
Last year, Takitaki led BYU with 118 tackles, but many teams had him low on the board due to his past off-the-field troubles. Takitaki got into a dorm fight in his freshman year, allegedly stole property on campus as a sophomore, and spent time away from the program in 2016 due to academic issues.
In spite of those red flags, the Browns are excited about Takitaki’s potential.
“Takitaki is a tough son of a gun,” Browns director of college scouting Steve Malin said during the draft. “I’m excited about having Takitaki because of his physical presence and what he brings to this organization. Obviously, there is a lot of exposure that all of us in the personnel department got on all these players.”
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.