When Buccaneers rookies report to training camp tomorrow, they’ll all be signed. Tampa Bay completed the signing of their draft class this morning by agreeing to terms with first-round linebacker Devin White. Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times tweets that White will officially sign his contract tomorrow.
White earned a number of accolades during his junior season at LSU, including the Butkus Award, All-American honors, and a first-team All-SEC nod. After finishing with 123 tackles, 12 tackles for loss, and three sacks, White established himself as one of the top defenders in the class. He was ultimately selected by the Buccaneers with the fifth-overall pick.
The Bucs will immediately be counting on White as they transition into a 3-4 defensive front under new coordinator Todd Bowles. The rookie will likely start alongside fellow inside linebacker Lavonte David, and his versatility should allow him to be a three-down player.
The Buccaneers have now signed their entire draft class to contracts. That grouping includes:
- 1-5: Devin White, LB (LSU)
- 2-39: Sean Murphy-Bunting, CB (Central Michigan)
- 3-94: Jamel Dean, CB (Auburn)
- 3-99: Mike Edwards, S (Kentucky)
- 4-107: Anthony Nelson, DE (Iowa)
- 5-145: Matt Gay, K (Utah)
- 6-208: Scott Miller, WR (Bowling Green)
- 7-215: Terry Beckner Jr., DT (Missouri)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.