The Dolphins announced a 10-man UDFA class Wednesday. Here is the full list:
- Matt Cole, WR (McKendree)
- Jonathan Hubbard, T (Northwestern State)
- Kylan Johnson, LB (Pittsburgh)
- Benito Jones, DT (Ole Miss)
- Nick Kaltmayer, T (Kansas State)
- Ray Lima, DT (Iowa State)
- Kirk Merritt, WR (Arkansas State)
- Tyshun Render, DE (Middle Tennessee)
- Donell Stanley, C (South Carolina)
- Bryce Sterk, DE (Montana State)
The Dolphins saw 2019 UDFA Preston Williams make an impact as a rookie and will give two more a shot. A Washington transfer, Sterk recorded a Division I-FCS-best 15 sacks last season. Cole averaged 21.8 yards per catch for his Division II program last season. Merritt, who also played at Oregon, caught 153 passes for 1,811 yards and 19 touchdowns between his junior and senior seasons at the FCS level.
Jones started three seasons for Ole Miss and led SEC nose tackles with 30 stops last season. He finished with 10.5 career sacks as well. Staley started three seasons for the Gamecocks, making 23 starts at center and 11 at left guard. The Dolphins will guarantee $65K of Render’s salary, with $15K coming via signing bonus, according to the Houston Chronicle’s Aaron Wilson (on Twitter). Render forced two fumbles and recorded 3.5 sacks last season.