Let’s take a look at the details of a few recently-signed NFL deals:
- Tony McRae, CB (Lions): One year, $1MM. $200K guaranteed. $100K signing bonus (Twitter link via Justin Rogers of the Detroit News).
- Phillip Dorsett, WR (Seahawks): One year, $1.048MM. $138K guaranteed. Qualifies as veteran minimum salary benefit deal (Twitter link via Brady Henderson of ESPN.com).
- Ameer Abdullah, RB (Vikings): One year, $910K. $45K signing bonus. $45K roster bonus. Qualifiers as veteran minimum salary benefit deal (Twitter link via Ben Goessling of the Star Tribune).
- Anthony Zettel, DE (Vikings): One year, $910K. $45K signing bonus. $45K roster bonus. Qualifiers as veteran minimum salary benefit deal (Twitter link via Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press).
- Joseph Jones, LB (Broncos): One year, $825K. No guaranteed money (Twitter link via Mike Klis of 9News).
- Bennett Jackson, DB (Jets): One year, $725K. $100K guaranteed. $50K signing bonus (Twitter link via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com).
8 comments on “NFL Contract Details: Lions, Seahawks, Vikings, Jets, Broncos”
Dorsett is a prime candidate to be the sort-of well known player cut at the end of the preseason.
I don’t think they will cut Dorset, Carol loves speed and will use him on deep routes and put Locket in the slot to take over Baldwin’s spot.
Have you ever heard of a guy named DK Metcalf??? All that guy can do is run deep routes and he’s better then Dorset at it
No reason they can’t have two of them if they both make the 53.
That’s what I’m saying since they have DK to run the deep routes Dorset won’t make the 53 man roster. He wasn’t any good on NE last year and they were just begging any WR to step up and he didn’t.
I’ve seen a lot of comments from NE fans saying “be prepared to be disappointed w Dorsett.” Pete and John brought Dorsett on board to work alongside Lock and DK as a WR3. Provided Dorsett wins that WR3 spot he’ll be one of 3 WRs with elite speed so you can expect all 3 of them to run deep routes at different times throughout the games. When the 2 TE’s Dissly and Greg Olson are healthy that gives RW3 plenty of options.
They need a true slot receiver as one of the first 3 WR that’s why since they already have Lockett and DK that means Dorset likely doesn’t make the roster or is squeezed on in not a perfect fit for what the team needs
You’re insane if you don’t think they’re gonna keep sending Lockett deep as much as they do.