Adam Peters will interview with the Giants once again on Thursday (Twitter link via NFL.com’s Tom Pelissero). With that, the 49ers assistant GM becomes the third known finalist for the Giants’ GM vacancy, joining Joe Schoen of the Bills and Ryan Poles of the Chiefs.
The Giants have considered at least nine candidates for the position, per PFR’s GM Search Tracker:
- Ran Carthon, director of player personnel (49ers): Interviewed 1/17
- Ryan Cowden, vice president of player personnel (Titans): Interviewed 1/14
- Quentin Harris, vice president of player personnel (Cardinals): Interviewed 1/13
- Joe Hortiz, director or player personnel (Ravens): Interviewed 1/15
- Monti Ossenfort, director of player personnel (Titans): Interviewed 1/14
- Adam Peters, assistant general manager (49ers): Interviewed 1/17
- Ryan Poles, executive director of player personnel (Chiefs): To conduct second interview 1/19
- Joe Schoen, assistant general manager (Bills): Conducted second interview 1/18
- Adrian Wilson, vice president of pro personnel (Cardinals): Interviewed 1/12
It’s possible that some of the other names on this list will be brought back for another round but, for now, it’s Peters, Poles, and Schoen in the lead to replace Dave Gettleman. Peters, who has been with the 49ers since 2017, offers ~18 years of NFL experience, including time with the Broncos and Patriots.
The Giants’ next GM will be tasked with heading the team’s latest rebuilding effort, which will include the hiring of a new head coach. Reportedly, the team is already eyeing former Dolphins head coach Brian Flores, who may want to bring Deshaun Watson with him.