The Jaguars stole some headlines during the draft when they selected Travon Walker with the first-overall pick. Days later, the team is still adding. The Jaguars announced the signing of 15 undrafted free agents:
- Israel Antwine, DT (Oklahoma State)
- Kevin Austin, WR (Notre Dame)
- Shabari Davis, CB (Southeast Missouri State)
- De’Shaan Dixon, OLB (Norfolk State)
- Nick Ford, OL (Utah)
- Benjie Franklin, CB (Tarleton State)
- Grayson Gunter, TE (Southern Mississippi)
- Sean Mahone, S (West Virginia)
- Andrew Mevis, K (Iowa State)
- Grant Morgan, LB (Arkansas)
- Denzel Okafor, OL (Texas)
- Gerrit Prince, TE (Alabama Birmingham)
- Marcus Tatum, OL (Central Florida)
- Josh Thompson, CB (Texas)
- Lujuan Winningham, WR (Central Arkansas)
The most notable name on the list is Kevin Austin. The wideout had a breakout campaign with Notre Dame in 2021, finishing with 48 receptions for 888 yards and seven touchdowns. Standing at 6-2 and 215 pounds, the receiver will compete for a roster spot with fellow UDFA WR Lujuan Winningham, who had 25 touchdowns during his final three seasons at Central Arkansas.
Andrew Mevis went 20-for-23 on field goals last season and made 100 percent of his extra point tries, putting him on the NFL map. He’ll provide some competition in a room that also features Matthew Wright and Ryan Santoso.
3 comments on “Jaguars Sign 15 Undrafted Free Agents”
Kevin Austin is a real sleeper,
Not sure how he went undrafted.
Notre Dame had weak QB play,
But this guy made some unbelievable catches in almost every game.
Mevis was a very reliable kicker for Iowa State last year and I wouldn’t be surprised if he made a team this year.
Dixon is a WR not an OLB…unless for some strange reason they are changing his position…but i highly doubt it… Prince is an interesting prospect…more likw a super sized WR than a traditional TE but he could be a fun mismatch weapon.