Today’s minor moves…
- Former Alabama and Winston-Salem State quarterback Phillip Sims has agreed to a deal with the Cardinals after he participated in the club’s rookie tryout, according to Matt Zenitz of the Alabama Media Group (Twitter link).
- After working out with the Raiders over the weekend, Emporia State receiver Austin Willis has signed a contract with the team, tweets Herbie Teope of ChiefsDigest.com. Emporia State, a Division II school located in Kansas, also produced former Cowboy Leon Lett.
- After holding their rookie minicamp this weekend, the Lions have decided to offer three players contracts, according to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press (all Twitter links). Safety Nathan Lindsey (Fort Hays State), receiver Erik Lora (Eastern Illinois), and receiver Jarred Haggins (Florida State) all scored deals with Detroit.
- The Colts have signed running back Abou Toure, reports Stephen Holder of the Indy Star (via Twitter). The Tennessee-Martin (and Utah State) product had previously been signed to a tryout contract. As a senior, Toure ran for 1,160 yards and eight touchdowns.
- The Colts have also waived outside linebacker Terrell Hartsfield, reports Holder. The rookie was signed as an undrafted free agent last week. The former Cincinnati Bearcat compiled nine sacks and 12 tackles for loss last season.
- The Giants have signed running back Kenny Harper, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News (via Twitter). The Temple product ran for 1,113 yards and 17 touchdowns on 269 attempts during his four-year career.
- The Falcons offered a contract to offensive tackle Matt Huffer, Wilson reports (via Twitter). The former South Dakota Coyote tried out for Atlanta last week.