July 26th, 2016 at 5:54pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor moves:
- The Browns announced that they have waived defensive back A.J. Stamps. The move makes room for the return of wide receiver Josh Gordon to Cleveland’s 90-man roster. On Monday, the NFL announced that Gordon has been conditionally reinstated by the NFL and will be eligible to return in Week 5, provided that he stays on the straight and narrow between now and then.
- Cowboys offensive lineman Charles Brown has retired, reports David Moore of the Dallas Morning News (Twitter link). A former second-round pick, Brown never lived up to his draft status, but did start 14 games for the Saints as recently as 2013. Dallas waived him today, along with fellow tackle David Hedelin, in order to make for offensive lineman Darryl Baldwin and Cameron Bradfield.
- The Titans have signed offensive lineman William Campbell, the club announced. Campbell was part of the same workout that veteran wide receiver Andre Johnson took part in today, according to Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com.
- Center Garrett Gilkey has been waived by the Buccaneers with a failed physical designation, tweets Roy Cummings of FanRag Sports. Gilkey appeared in all 16 games for Tampa Bay in 2014, starting one contest. To fill his roster spot, the Bucs have signed offensive lineman Joel Hale.
- The Colts have signed running back Abou Toure, waived cornerback Daniel Davie, and placed running back Tyler Varga on the reserve/retired list, the club announced today.
- The Broncos announced the signing of rookie linebacker Darnell Sankey. To make room, Denver has waived long snapper Nathan Theus.
- The Bengals announced that they have released rookie defensive end Dezmond Johnson and rookie running back DyShawn Mobley, Coley Harvey of ESPN.com tweets.
- Tight end Chase Coffman will be signing with the Colts, Rand Getlin of NFL.com tweets. Coffman was most recently with Seattle.
October 14th, 2015 at 6:29pm CST by Zachary Links
Today’s minor NFL signings, cuts, and other moves..
- The Cowboys claimed running back Rod Smith off waivers from the Seahawks, according to Bryan Broaddus of 105.3 The Fan (on Twitter). After previously trading for Christine Michael, it appears that the Cowboys are fans of Seattle running backs.
- The Broncos announced that they have signed tight end Richard Gordon while waiving fellow tight end Mitchell Henry. This will be Gordon’s third AFC West team, after stints with the Chiefs and Raiders, who selected Gordon in the sixth round (No. 181 overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft from the University of Miami.
- The Browns have been awarded defensive back Don Jones off waivers from the Saints, as Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle tweets. In a related move, outside linebacker Scott Solomon was placed on injured reserve with a sprained knee. Solomon’s injury certainly won’t help the Browns’ poor results against the run.
- Mike Chappell of FOX59 (on Twitter) reports that the Colts have placed Tyler Varga on IR following his concussion. That move will help make room for the newly-signed Ahmad Bradshaw.
- The Dolphins signed safety Jonathan Dowling off the team’s practice squad, as Armando Salguero of The Miami Herald tweets. Dowling was a 2014 seventh-round pick of the Raiders.
- The Buccaneers cut Josh Martin from injured reserve with an injury settlement, Wilson tweets.
- The Seahawks signed linebacker Nick Moody to their active roster, Wilson tweets.
- The Bears announced (on Twitter) that they have promoted linebacker Jonathan Anderson from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.
- The Packers announced that they have signed tight end Justin Perillo to the active roster while placing safety Sean Richardson on IR. Coach Mike McCarthy wouldn’t comment on Richardson’s future when asked about it on Monday, but his playing career could be in jeopardy, as Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com writes. The Packers brought back Richardson this year as an restricted free agent when they matched the one-year, $2.55MM offer sheet he signed with the Raiders.
May 4th, 2015 at 1:31pm CST by Luke Adams
The Colts have announced their undrafted free agent class of 2015, and Kevin Bowen of Colts.com has the details on the 15 players the team added to its roster following the draft. Here are the names of Indianapolis’ new UDFAs:
- Bryan Bennett, QB, Southeastern Louisiana
- Quan Bray, WR, Auburn ($5K bonus, per Aaron Wilson)
- Donald Celiscar, CB, Western Michigan
- Cody Galea, LB, San Diego Stat
- Terrell Hartsfield, DE, Cincinnati
- Zach Hodges, LB, Harvard
- Joshua Mitchell, CB, Nebraska
- Ezell Ruffin, WR, San Diego State
- Al-Hajj Shabazz, CB, West Chester
- Jean Sifrin, TE, Massachusetts
- Justin Sinz, TE, Purdue
- Robert Smith, S, Clemson
- Junior Sylvestre, LB, Toledo
- Tyler Varga, RB, Yale
- Brandon Vitabile, C, Northwestern