ESPN analyst Tim Hasselbeck told Dennis & Callahan of WEEI that he wasn’t at all surprised by the second half Tom Brady put together against the Bills yesterday. “[Brady is] too good at so many different things that all of those skills are not leaving him at once. Whether it’s some of the physical traits in terms of how he throws the football, his accuracy, his arm strength, that type of stuff. Whether it’s the knowledge that he’s able to get out of the pre-snap, whether it’s his ability process things quickly post-snap, all of the things he does well aren’t going to leave him all at once,” Hasselbeck said. Here’s more out of the division that will have to deal with Brady for the foreseeable future..
- Bills GM Doug Whaley insists that there’s no problem between coach Doug Marrone and wide receiver Mike Williams, tweets Joe Buscaglia of WGR. “There’s no problem at all. He’s been an exemplary football player…He’s been a great addition to our program. We have not had one ounce of problems with him,” the GM said. Williams’ agent has asked for and received permission to seek a trade.
- The Jets‘ latest offensive failure was a painful reminder of the major reconstruction the Jets will require in the offseason, writes Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. Geno Smith, who has taken a beating from New York media, is only a part of the problem. General Manager John Idzik attempted to round out the team’s receiving core with fourth- and sixth-round draft choices, leaving the sophomore QB with a dearth of weapons.
- The Jets‘ fifth straight loss means that we’re likely at the end of the Rex Ryan era in New York, writes Gary Myers of the New York Daily News. Myers writes that Ryan is a good man and a good coach who has been betrayed by a GM sitting on upwards of $21MM in cap room. Idzik, he writes, is simply saving that money for his next head coach.
- In today’s press conference with reporters, Ryan called Smith “a great [draft] pick” by Idzik, Mehta tweets.
- The Jets need a cornerback to replace Dee Milliner, who is likely done for the year, and Aaron Berry would make sense for them, tweets Mehta. Gang Green auditioned the former Jet last week.