Yesterday, we heard that Jason Pierre-Paul didn’t report to the Giants‘ first day of voluntary offseason workouts, but even though the defensive end didn’t participate in the team’s workouts, he did stop by the facility, writes Ebenezer Samuel of the New York Daily News. As Samuel notes, because JPP has yet to sign his franchise tender and didn’t sign an injury waiver, he couldn’t have worked out with the team even if he wanted to. At this point, a holdout doesn’t appear likely — Pierre Paul’s absence from workouts had been expected.
Here’s more from across the NFC:
- The Giants are very high on USC defensive lineman Leonard Williams, and if Williams slips past the top three picks in the draft, “it wouldn’t be at all surprising” to see the Giants make a bold move and trade up to grab him, writes Jordan Raanan of NJ.com. In his look at 2015’s class of defensive linemen earlier today, our Rob DiRe outlined why Williams is easily the top prospect at his position.
- In addition to confirming a pair of previously-reported pre-draft visits, Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com says that the Lions also hosted Arizona State safety Damarious Randall today.
- After working out privately for the Panthers, Buccaneers, and Texans earlier in the pre-draft process, Duke wide receiver Jamison Crowder is visiting the Falcons today, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com. Rapoport also notes (via Twitter) that Kevin White‘s visits with the Rams and Bears, which had been previously reported, happened yesterday and today, respectively.
- While the 49ers aren’t a lock to select a quarterback in the draft, they’ll almost certainly add a rookie or two at the position this offseason, writes Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com.
- Former Razorbacks quarterback Tyler Wilson will work out at the Bears‘ veteran minicamp next week, he announced on ESPN Radio in Arkansas. Matt Jones of WholeHogSports.com has the details.