The Bills would be smart to add some competition at quarterback and trading for Kirk Cousins could be one way for them light a fire under E.J. Manuel. Mike Rodak of ESPN.com looked at why a deal for the Redskins‘ No. 2 QB could happen, why it might not happen, and what it would take to get it done. More from around the National Football League:
- Consistent with what we’ve been hearing this offseason, the 49ers want wide receiver Anquan Boldin back and the feeling is mutual, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
- Would the Patriots ever trade Tom Brady? Bob Neumeier and Fred Toucher stopped by CSNNE.com (video link) for some friendly debate.
- Andrew Cohen of OverTheCap wonders if the Browns‘ situation is really so bad despite their many question marks. The Browns have a tremendous talent in Josh Gordon and lots of cap room to work with this offseason.
- The Bears announced that Pat Meyer has been promoted to offensive line coach, according to Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune (via Twitter).
- Veteran defensive tackle Vaughn Martin visited the Jets and Lions over the last two weeks and is fully recovered from the hernia surgery he underwent during last season, tweets Adam Caplan of SiriusXM. The Canadian has recorded 78 tackles and three sacks over the course of his NFL career.