Here are a few Friday updates on the Rams:
- The offensive line will be a priority for the Rams this offseason, though GM Les Snead expects there to be more clarity in a few weeks once some contract situations are sorted out and injuries continue to heal. Meanwhile, coach Jeff Fisher says he would have “no reservations” about taking an offensive lineman in the first round, says Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com (Twitter links).
- Fisher and Snead both emphasized the importance of re-signing free agent guard Rodger Saffold, according to Wagoner (via Twitter). Meanwhile, Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic hears that the Cardinals would have interest in Saffold if he and the Rams don’t reach an agreement before March 11.
- Snead says the Rams talked to Sam Bradford‘s camp last spring about a contract extension, tweets Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Wagoner adds (via Twitter) that Snead suggested those discussions are “ongoing and active.”
- Free agent offensive lineman Chris Williams and the Rams have mutual interest in working out a new agreement, according to Fisher (Twitter link via Wagoner).
- Auburn tackle Greg Robinson said he met with the Rams for a formal interview on Thursday night, tweets Wagoner.