A few assorted notes from around the league:
- Broncos receiver Wes Welker‘s $3MM roster bonus and $3MM base salary became fully guaranteed on Wednesday, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post (via Twitter).
- Receiver Nate Burleson tweets that he is not retiring, noting that he was hampered last season by his broken arm.
- The Jets remain interested in cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, tweets Rich Cimini of ESPN.com. The tweet also notes that fellow cornerback (and Rodgers-Cromartie’s cousin) Antonio Cromartie, recently released by the Jets, is interested in returning to the team.
- Quarterback Shaun Hill will visit the Rams on Monday, according to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch (Twitter link).
- With reports that Anthony Spencer is set to visit the Giants, ESPN.com’s Dan Graziano writes that signing the pass-rusher only makes sense if he comes on the cheap.
- The best recruiting tool for the Buccaneers, who have signed several free agents such as Michael Johnson, Anthony Collins, and Josh McCown, is new head coach Lovie Smith, opines Roy Cummings of the Tampa Tribune.