The Ravens will be in hot pursuit of Steve Smith when he’s officially released by the Panthers, and a deal could end up materializing quickly, says Albert Breer of the NFL Network (via Twitter). Here’s more:
- It sounds like there’s a decent chance free agent running back Andre Brown could end up signing with the Raiders, continuing the offseason’s apparent free agent swap between Oakland and the Giants, tweets Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News.
- Assuming Jason Hatcher doesn’t sign with the Raiders, the defensive lineman will visit the Redskins, a source tells John Keim of ESPN.com (Twitter link).
- Cornerback Brandon Browner will visit with the Redskins tonight, according to Pro Football Talk (Twitter link).
- The Panthers have interest in bringing back free agent receiver Brandon LaFell, tweets Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
- Although fullback Henry Hynoski is visiting the Lions today, he has remained in contact with the Giants, tweets Rapoport.
- ESPN’s Josina Anderson (Twitter links) has the details on the Titans‘ upcoming free agent visits: LaMarr Woodley intends to visit Friday if he doesn’t sign with the Raiders, while Pat Sims and Antonio Smith will visit today.
- The Vikings have made a call inquiring on free agent guard Daryn Colledge, tweets Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN. Colledge, who will visit the Rams today, according to Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun (via Twitter), was recently cut loose by the Cardinals for cap savings.