The original content produced by the PFR staff during the past week:
- With Brian Hoyer off to a great start, Luke Adams examined the extension case for the 29-year-old Browns quarterback. In the same vein, Luke asked whether Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, or a third option would be under center for Cleveland in 2015; nearly 60% of respondents selected Hoyer.
- In another entry in our Extension Candidate series, I looked at the possibility of Randall Cobb reaching a long-term deal with the Packers.
- Zach Links rounded up the best of the football blogs in the latest edition of Pigskin Links.
- Zach also posted two AFC East-related polls last week. First, he wondered whether head coach Rex Ryan or general manager John Idzik should take the blame for the Jets’ futility; about 61% felt the blame rested on Idzik’s shoulders. Second, Zach questioned how Tom Brady‘s career was likely to end — a majority of readers feel Tom Terrific will play out the string with the Patriots.
- Luke passed along updates on players on the PUP or IR-DTR lists, explaining when such players are eligible to begin practicing and return to game action.
- I examined kicker Matt Prater‘s free agent stock before he signed on with the Lions.